Install Audacity on Debian 9
Audacity is one of the most popular audio editor and recorder for Debian. Here we are going to install Audacity on Debian.
- With Audacity you can record live audio through microphone.
- Audacity can also used to digitize recording from other media.
- You can combine sound files and export in different formats
- You can create high quality sound recording.
- Audacity also support for LADSPA, LV2, Nyquist, VST and Audio Unit effect plug-ins.
- You can also write your own plugin for audacity.
- Audacity can show realtime preview for audio effects.
- You can analyze audio files.
Before you start installing Audacity on Debian 9. You must have non-root user account on your desktop with sudo privileges.
Install Audacity on Debian
First we will need to add repo to
/etc/apt/sources.list file. To add the repo open the file with your favourite text editor we will use here
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
Now add following line to the end of file then save the file.
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org stretch main non-free
Update package manager index by typing following in terminal.
sudo apt update
You will receive message showing no signing key for the repository then enter following command to get signing key for recently added repository.
sudo apt install deb-multimedia-keyring
Now update package manager index with distribution upgrade by using following command.
sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade
Now install audacity typing following command.
sudo apt install audacity
You have learned how install Audacity on Debian 9 successfully. If you have any queries regarding this please dont forget to comment below.