How to install Krita on Debian 9
Table of Contents
Install Krita on Debian 9
Krita is a free paint program made for Linux users . Krita is also opensource and made by artists for everyone. In this tutorial, you are going to learn how to install Krita on Debian 9.
Krita 4.1.5 features
Now, Krita comes with a lot of bug fixes and performance improvements and with the new feature. Following are some of them.
- Krita has improved workflow for working with animation frames
- Now Krita comes with improved animation timeline display.
- Krita has new reference images tool that replaces the old reference images docker.
- Krita users can now save and load sessions the set of images and views on images you were working on.
- It also supports for multi-monitor workspace layouts.
- It can handle larger animation by buffering rendered frames to disk.
- Now vanishing point assistant and assistants can be painted with custom colors.
- In Krita color picker now has a mixing option.
- You can build scripting module with Python 2.
- Now Krita gives better performance for brush masks.
- Kita supports easy coloring of line-art with the new Colorize Mask Tool.
Before you start to install Krita on Debian 9. You must have the non-root user account on your Desktop with sudo privileges.
1. Install Krita on Debian
First we will need to add repo to
/etc/apt/sources.list file. To add the repo open the file with your favourite text editor we will use here
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
Now add following line to the end of file then save the file.
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
Update package manager index by typing following in terminal.
sudo apt update
Now install krita typing following command.
sudo apt install krita
2. Uninstall Krita on Debian
To Un-Install Krita and all of its components execute the following command. After execution, Krita will be removed permanently from your Debian Desktop.
sudo apt remove --autoremove krita
Here you have successfully learned how to install Krita on Debian 9 and also how to Uninstall it from Debian. If you have any queries please don’t forget to comment.
How to Install WordPress with LEMP Stack on CentOS 7
How to Install PyCharm on Debian 9
How to Install Sublime Text 3 on Debian 10
How to Install Apache on Ubuntu 18.04
How to Install R on Debian 9
How to Add Swap Space on Debian 10
How to Install Mozilla Firefox on Linux Mint 19
How to Move Cursor to End of File in Vim / Vi Text Editor
How to Install CMake on Debian 10
How to Install Google Chrome on Fedora 29
How to Install Opera Browser on Debian 10
Best Ways to Create a File in Linux