How to Install PyCharm on Debian 9
Install PyCharm on Debian 9
Before you start to install PyCharm on Debian 9. You must have the non-root user account on your system with sudo privileges.
Install Snappy Package Manager
Snappy provides better package management support for Debian 9. It’s quick and easy to use. To install Snappy package manager type following command. If its already installed on the system skip to next step:
NOTE: Debian 9 may have already installed Snappy package manager.
sudo apt install snapd snapd-xdg-open
Now to download and installed PyCharm snap package run following command. It will take some time to download and install package.
sudo snap install pycharm-community --classic
After successfully downloading and installing the package you will get the following output.
pycharm-community 2018.2.4 from 'jetbrains' installed
After successful instalation to start PyCharm via terminal run following command.
On starting PyCharm first time you will be asked to import settings. If you have settings from older version then you can import or select “Do not import settings”.
You will get the following output after accepting the license and setting up the initial configuration.
You have successfully learned how to install PyCharm on Debian 9. If you have any queries regarding this then please dont forget to comment below.
- How to Install VirtualBox on Ubuntu 18.04
- How to Install Go on CentOS 7
- How to Install Pip on Debian 10
- How to Install Yarn on Debian 10
- How to Add Swap Space on CentOS 8
- How to Copy Folder/Directory in Linux
- How to Install Anaconda on Debian 10
- How to Install Gradle on Debian 10
- How to Install Grub Customizer on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Linux
- How to Install Git on Debian 10
- How to Install DataGrip on CentOS 8
- How to Install Yarn on CentOS 7