VC++ fatal error LNK1168: cannot open filename.exe for writing
suddenly my visual studio express 2010 c++ stopped rebuilding my project.
When I first hit F7 the project builds and runs fine (heck, it's a hello world example).
Then I make some changes and hit F7 again, then I get:
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1168: cannot open C:\Users\username\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\console\Debug\console.exe for writing
Now the funny thing comes:
- the app is not running and it's not shown in task manager.
- going into the project directory and trying to remove it with hands comes with success but the file APPEARS AGAIN FROM NOWHERE o_O
- the system restore is disabled
- i also tried to take the ownership of the whole damn drive
- each time I delete the file it recreates itself again but sometimes it stops doing that
- if delete the file (and it recreates after that) and then I start sysinternals procmon then the file will dissapear.
- if I start procmon before - then the file keeps appearing after delete like always
OS: W7 SP1 64-bit, with latest updates
any ideas, please? google didn't help me :(
Enable “Application Experience” service. Launch a console window and type
net start AeLookupSvc